The Senate public hearing commenced at 12:40
Natural Resource Governance Institute – PIAB
- include checks in the presidential discretionary award of licences;
- introduce beneficial ownership;
- emphasise issues of transparency in asset register;
- clear guidelines on bidding rounds.
Petroleum Training Institute Effurun
- want to be included in the bill
Nigeria Gas Association
- fiscal terms to be reduced and incentives to be provided for gas development;
- AGFA should be retained;
- cost efficiency factor should not be applied to gas development;
- need for clarity in the definition of upstream and midstream;
- worked examples should be included in the fiscal bill;
- specific provisions for marginal fields and indigenous companies.
- third party access may discourage investment;
- bill does not make provisions for entities in Free Trade Zones;
- clarity on the host community provisions;
- clear tenor for the advisory committee in the petroleum host community bill.